- Educational: Horse Brain, Human Brain: The Neuroscience of Horsemanship by Janet Jones
- True story: Milo's Eyes: How a Blind Equestrian and Her "Seeing Eye Horse" Saved Each Other by Lissa Bachner
The extraordinary bond between Lissa Bachner, a young blind woman and Milo, a neglected, frightened horse, helped them overcome staggering odds to become one of America's most inspiring, successful riding teams in the world of show jumping.
- Inspirational: The Eighty-Dollar Champion: Snowman, The Horse That Inspired a Nation by Elizabeth Letts
The dramatic and inspiring story of a man and his horse, an unlikely duo whose rise to stardom in the sport of show jumping captivated the nation.
- Romance: All On by Laure Berglie
Equine veterinarian, Cassidy Winters, has a bit of a reputation in her hometown of Lexington, Kentucky. For years she’s worn her “spoiled little rich girl” persona like a badge of honor. But as she got older, she realized she had no one in her corner, and that’s when she knew it was time to change her ways.
- Riding Motivation + Mindset: Inside Your Ride: Mental Skills for Being Happy and Successful with Your Horse by Tonya Johnston
Become the confident, composed, and effective rider you’ve always wanted to be!
Mental skills coach Tonya Johnston, MA, has helped thousands of equestrian athletes achieve success at every level, from recreational riders to award-winning international competitors. In Inside Your Ride, she provides specific methods and clear, easy-to-follow directions to help you mentally prepare for your next ride or competition, no matter your discipline and skill level.